Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Monday weigh-in

Hey there, I'm sorry I didn't check in on Monday.  I was so sick the past few days that I thought I was going to die!  I must have gotten hit with a stomach virus of some sort because as quick as it arrived, that's how quick it was gone!  Luckily it's out of here and I survived it!  Today I have so much to do but I'm still a few days ahead so I'm not worried.

I did my weigh in on Monday morning and managed to lose 1.2 lbs bringing my total lost to 32.4 GONE.


I am 1 lb away from being out of the 240s!!  I'm so happy that I am just that much closer!

I know I have a long way to go still but I don't look at the big picture.  The way I look at it that makes it easier for me to digest is I break it down for myself this way.  I do 10 pound increments!  So broken down I've only lost 10 lbs three times!  I have ten more pounds to lose 8 or 9 times and that I can handle!  Sometimes our brains get way too overwhelmed with the big picture.  If that happens, break it down to even 5 lb increments.  If that seems a bit too overwhelming, do 1 pound at a time.  Let's face it we didn't go to bed last night at our ideal weight and wake up this morning 120 or more pounds overweight!  We didn't gain it overnight and we certainly aren't going to lose it that way either!  Some people expect such immediate results that if they don't lose what they think they should quick enough, they quit and that's when they fail themselves.  Or they lose big numbers in the first few weeks then they're on week 4 and weigh in and find that they lost 1 or 2 lbs and they get discouraged because they aren't losing at the same rate and they quit AGAIN failing themselves.

Moral of the story, DON'T quit!!  The only time you fail is when you quit!

You're worth not quitting on!

No comments:

Post a Comment